IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER
 - by Erma Bombeck
(Written after she found out she was dying from cancer)
 
--------------------------------------
(Psa 90:12 KJV) 
So teach us to number our days,
 that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.
---------------------------------------
Here I sit, in my circle of toys,
While death is busy kicking down the door.
Edna St. Vincent Millay
------------------------------------------
 
IF I HAD MY LIFE TO LIVE OVER...
I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of
pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern
if I weren't there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a
rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if
the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living
room and worried much less about the dirt when
someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my
grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would never have insisted the car windows be
rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just
been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my children and
not worried about grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching
television-and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it
was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed
to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy,
I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the
wonderment growing inside me was the only
chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never
have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner."
There would have been more "I love you's." More "I'm sorry's"

...But mostly, given another shot at life, I would
seize every minute...look at it and really see it
... live it...and never give it back.

Stop sweating the small stuff. Don't worry about who
doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what.
Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have
with those who DO love us.
Let's think about what God HAS blessed us with.

And what we are doing each day to promote
ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally, as well
as spiritually. Life is too short to let it pass you
by. We only have one shot at this and then it's gone.
I hope you all have a blessed day.

In memory of Erma Bombeck who lost her fight with cancer.

--Some Bible Verses to Ponder--
 
(Psa 39:2-8 KJV) 
I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.
 {3} My heart was hot within me,
while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,
 {4} LORD, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is;
that I may know how frail I am.
{5} Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth;
and mine age is as nothing before thee:
 verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.
{6} Surely every man walketh in a vain show:
surely they are disquieted in vain:
he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.
 {7} And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.
 {8} Deliver me from all my transgressions:
make me not the reproach of the foolish.
 
(Eccl 9:9-12 KJV) 
 Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity,
which he hath given thee under the sun,
all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life,
and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun.
 {10} Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;
for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
 
{11} I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong,
neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill;
but time and chance happeneth to them all.
{12} For man also knoweth not his time:
as the fishes that are taken in an evil net,
and as the birds that are caught in the snare;
so are the sons of men snared in an evil time,
 when it falleth suddenly upon them.
 
(James 4:13-17 KJV)
  Go to [think about it] now, ye that say,
To day or to morrow we will go into such a city,
 and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain:
 {14} Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow.
For what is your life?
 It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
{15} For that ye ought to say,
If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
{16} But now ye rejoice in your boastings:
 all such rejoicing is evil.
{17} Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.
 
 
(James 5:1-9 KJV)
  Go to [think about it] now, ye rich men,
weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.
{2} Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.
{3} Your gold and silver is cankered[corroded];
and the rust of them shall be a witness against you,
 and shall eat your flesh as it were fire.
 Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
 
{4} Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields,
which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth:
miesand the cries of them which have reaped
are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth [a military reference to God].
{5} Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton[self-indulgent, immoral];
 ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.
{6} Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.
 
 {7} Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord.
Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth,
 and hath long patience for it,
until he receive the early and latter rain.
{8} Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts:
for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh[near].
{9} Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned:
 behold, the judge standeth before the door.
 
(Eph 5:14-21 KJV) 
 Wherefore he saith,
Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead,
and Christ shall give thee light.
{15} See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
{16} Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
 {17} Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
{18} And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess;
but be filled with the Spirit;
{19} Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
{20} Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father
 in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
{21} Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.
 
(Luke 12:40 KJV) 
Be ye therefore ready also:
 for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.
 

 
IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 
Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 
View back-issues of Devotionals at this site:
Just click on "messages".
 
to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
God Bless You
In Christ.....brother bob.......<><
 


For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com



YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS




Reply via email to