|
Getting (#1)to Know God the Father Gen 1:1 (KJV)
In the beginning God created the
heaven and the earth.
"In the beginning God created the heaven
and the earth." - Heaven and earth have not existed from all eternity, but
had a definite beginning; nor did they arise by a process of
evolution/time/chance, but were created by God. This sentence, which stands at
the head of the records of revelation, creation, is a declaration of the
primeval act of God, by which the universe was called into being. Here the
context gives the phrase, "in the beginning", the meaning of the very
first beginning, the commencement of the world, when time itself began. It
shows that the creation of the heaven and the earth was the actual beginning of
all things. [from- Keil and Delitsch]
Exo 3:13-14
(KJV)
And Moses said unto God,
Behold, when I come unto the
children of Israel, and shall say unto them,
The God of your fathers hath sent
me unto you;
and they shall say to me, What is
his name?
what shall I say unto them?
{14} And God said unto Moses, I AM
THAT I AM:
and he said, Thus shalt thou
say unto the children of Israel,
I AM hath sent me unto
you.
Exo 20:1-7
KJV
And God spake all these words, saying,
(2) I am the LORD thy God, which have brought
thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
(3) Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
(4) Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image,
or any likeness of any thing that is in
heaven above,
or that is in the earth beneath, or that
is in the water under the earth:
(5) Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor
serve them:
for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God,
visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children
unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
(6) And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love
me, and keep my commandments.
(7) Thou shalt not take the
name of the LORD thy God in vain;
for the LORD will not hold
him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
GOD
The personal Creator worthy of human worship because of His holy
nature and His perfect love. He has a Self-existent nature, which
is revealed in creating the universe, electing and redeeming His people,
and providing eternal salvation through His Son Jesus Christ.
God is unique in nature. No person, object, or idea can be compared to God. Anything said about God must be based on His revelation of Himself to us. Anything said about God must be said in human terms, the only terms we have and understand. The reality of God is always much greater than human minds can understand or express.[from-Holmann] GOD THE FATHER IS A
SPIRIT
John 4:23-24
(KJV)
But the hour cometh, and now
is,
when the true worshippers shall
worship the Father in spirit and in truth:
for the Father seeketh such to
worship him.
{24} God is a Spirit:
and they that worship him must
worship him in spirit and in truth.
John 1:18 (KJV)
No man hath seen God at any time;
the only begotten Son, which is in
the bosom of the Father,
he hath declared
him.
THE FATHER RESERVES
CERTAIN KNOWLEDGE TO HIMSELF
Deu 29:29
(KJV)
The secret things belong unto the
LORD our God:
but those things which are
revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever,
that we
may do all the words of this law.
Dan 2:20-22
KJV
Daniel answered and said,
Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever:
for wisdom and might are his:
(21) And he changeth the times and the
seasons: he removeth kings, and
setteth up kings:
he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and
knowledge to them that know understanding:
(22) He revealeth the deep and
secret things:
he knoweth what
is in the darkness,
and the light dwelleth
with him.
Mark 13:31-33
(KJV)
Heaven and earth shall pass
away:
but my words shall not pass
away.
{32} But of that day and
that hour knoweth no man,
no, not the angels which are in
heaven,
neither the Son, but the
Father.
{33} Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time
is.
Isa 55:8-9
KJV
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, saith the
LORD.
(9) For as the heavens
are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher
than your ways,
and my thoughts than your
thoughts.
Luke 10:21-22 (KJV)
In that hour Jesus rejoiced in spirit, and said,
I thank thee, O Father, Lord of
heaven and earth,
that thou hast hid these things
from the wise and prudent,
and hast revealed them unto babes:
even so, Father; for so it seemed
good in thy sight.
{22} All things are delivered to
me of my Father:
and no man knoweth who the Son is,
but the Father;
and who the Father is, but the
Son,
and he to whom the Son will reveal
him. JESUS CHRIST DISCUSSES HIS
RELATIONSHIP TO THE FATHER
Joh 14:1-11
(KJV)
Let not your heart be
troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me[Jesus].
(2) In my Father's house are many
mansions:
if it were not
so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for
you.
(3) And if I go and prepare
a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself;
that where I am, there ye
may be also.
(4) And whither I go ye
know, and the way ye know.
(5) Thomas saith unto him, Lord,
we know not whither thou goest;
and how can we know the
way?
(6) Jesus saith unto him, I
am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but
by me.
(7) If ye had known me, ye
should have known my Father also:
and from henceforth ye know him,
and have seen him.
(8) Philip saith unto him, Lord,
shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us.
(9) Jesus saith unto him,
Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
he that hath seen me hath seen the
Father;
and how sayest thou
then, Shew us the Father?
(10) Believest thou not that I am
in the Father, and the Father in me?
the words that I speak unto
you I speak not of myself:
but the Father that dwelleth in
me, he doeth the works.
(11) Believe me that I am in the
Father, and the Father in me:
or
else believe me for the very works' sake.
John 1:14 (KJV)
And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among
us,
(and we beheld his glory,
the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,)
full of grace and truth.
John 3:34-35
(KJV)
For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of
God:
for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
{35} The Father loveth the Son,
and hath given all things into his
hand.
Joh 16:27-28
(KJV)
For the Father
himself loveth you,
because ye have loved
me, and have believed that I [Jesus] came out from
God.
(28) I came forth
from the Father, and am come into the world:
again, I leave the
world, and go to the Father. IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF
CHARGE
(but not necessarily free
of COST)
Feel free to redistribute
these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all
questions, comments, suggestions,
or
REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Request a free email copy of my evangelistic
presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from [EMAIL PROTECTED]
View back-issues of Devotionals at this
site:
send an email with CANCEL in the subject
line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
God Bless
You
In Christ.....brother
bob.......<>< For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
|
- [nazerene] *Getting (#1)to Know God the Father Brother Bob...<><
- [nazerene] *Getting (#1)to Know God the Fa... Brother Bob...<><
