Pray About Everything, All the Time

Prayer is the gracious gift of God to us, that allows us to communicate with Him. It allows us to express our needs and our worship of Him, to correct the wrongs of our society and of individual wicked people that we are otherwise helpless to protect ourselves from. Prayer also allows us to intercede with God on behalf of our family and friends, and even our enemies. Prayer allows us to ask for healing of our mind and body, and to rid our conscience of guilt and sin.

Before we pray, we must have a clean heart and conscience. The Bible says that if we are holding on to secret sinful attitudes and activities, God refuses to hear us and answer our prayers will go un-answered.

So first, you must deal with any sin in your life. If you think that you have not sinned, you are fooling yourself. We are all sinners, fallen and depaved. Even though we are born again, we still have the tendency to hold on to sinful attitudes and do little secret sins.  If you try to pray with sin on your heart, The Lord will not hear you. If you ask the Holy Spirit  to search your heart and reveal to you what you need to confess and to stop doing, He will do so. Then with peace in your heart you will have confidence that your prayers will be answered, because you are talking with the All-Powerful, All-Seeing, and All-Loving God who controls the universe.

(Psa 139:23-24 KJV)
Search me, O God, and know my heart:
try me, and know my thoughts:
 {24} And see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.

(Psa 66:16-20 KJV)
 Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul.
{17} I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue.
{18} If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
{19} But verily God hath heard me;
he hath attended to the voice of my prayer.
 {20} Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer,
 nor his mercy from me.

(1 John 1:8-9 KJV)
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
{9} If we confess our sins,
he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins,
and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

There are many ways and circumstances to pray. There are urgent prayers that can be prayed in hte midst of a dangerous or threatening event, there are intercessory prayers that are prayed on behalf of someone else, there are prayers during long times of quiet meditation in reflection on the goodness of God and His gracious care and provision, there are prayers that one says in times of loneliness or doubt. There are prayers in times of pain and suffering, when it seems like no one cares and the pain will never end. There is actually no time in which a prayer is not appropriate. It is for these reasons that God encourages us to pray at all times and for any reason.

1 Th 5:17-18 (KJV)
Pray without ceasing.
{18} In every thing give thanks:
for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

1 Sam 12:23-24 (KJV)
Moreover as for me,
God forbid that I should sin against the LORD in ceasing to pray for you:
 but I will teach you the good and the right way:
{24}  Only fear the LORD, and serve him in truth with all your heart;
for consider how great things he hath done for you.

Mat 5:43-45 (KJV)
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
(44) But I (Jesus) say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you,
 and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
 (45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven:
for He maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good,
and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Rom 8:26-28 (KJV)
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities:
for we know not what we should pray for as we ought:
but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
{27} And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit,
because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
{28} And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
 to them who are the called according to his purpose.

2 Th 3:1-3 (KJV)
 Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course,
 and be glorified, even as it is with you:
{2} And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men:
 for all men have not faith.
{3} But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.

1 Tim 2:1-6 (KJV)
 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers,
 intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
 {2} For kings, and for all that are in authority;
that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
 {3} For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
{4} Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
{5} For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
 {6} Who gave himself a ransom for all,
 to be testified in due time.

God Bless you as you meditate on these things.
In Christ...brother bob..<><

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

View back-issues of Devotionals at this site:
Just click on "messages".

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
God Bless You
In Christ.....brother bob.......<><

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

Lord jesus christ Testimony