God is Omniscient (all-knowing)

Psalm 147:5  KJV
Great is our Lord, and of great power:
his understanding is infinite.

God is omniscient (all-knowing). God possesses (without prior discovery of facts) complete and universal knowledge of all things past, present, and future. This includes not only the actual, but also the possible. This total and immediate knowledge is based on his eternity (he has always, and will always exist), and his omnipresence (he has been, is, and will always be everywhere at the same time).*
---------------------------
A. W. Tozer has written:
"God perfectly knows Himself and, being the source and author of all things, it follows that He knows all that can be known. And this He knows instantly and with a fullness of perfection that includes every possible item of knowledge concerning everything that exists or could have existed anywhere in the universe at any time in the past or that may exist in the centuries or ages yet unborn. God knows instantly and effortlessly all matter and all matters, all mind and every mind, all spirit and all spirits, all beings and every being, all creaturehood, and all creatures, every plurality and all pluralities, all law and every law, all relations, all causes, all thoughts, all mysteries, all enigmas, all feeling, all desires, every unuttered secret, all thrones and dominions, all personalities, all things visible and invisible in heaven and in earth, motion, space, time, life, death, good, evil, heaven, and hell." (The Knowledge of the Holy, p. 62)
---------------------------

Isaiah 40:13, 14 KJV
Who hath directed the Spirit of the Lord,
 or being his counselor hath taught him?
With whom took he counsel, and who instructed him, and taught him in the path of judgment,
 and taught him knowledge, and showed to him the way of understanding?

Hebrews 4:13 KJV
Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight:
but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

Psalm 104:24 KJV
O Lord, how manifold are thy works!
In wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches.

1. He sees all things.
Proverbs 15:3 KJV
The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
 beholding the evil and the good.

2. He knows all things (the big and small of his universe.

Psalm 147:4 KJV
 He telleth the number of the stars;
he calleth them all by their names.

Matthew 10:29, 30 KJV
Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing?
and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.

3. He knows mankind.
        a. Our thoughts.
Psalm 139:2b  KJV
"Thou understandest my thought afar off."

Psalm 44:21 KJV
Shall not God search this out? For he knoweth the secrets of the heart.
        b. Our words.
Psalm 139:4 KJV
For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O Lord, thou knowest it altogether.

        c. Our deeds (Ps. 139:3; Rev. 2:2, 9, 13, 19; 3:1, 8, 15).
Psa 139:2-3 KJV
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising,
thou understandest my thought afar off.
 {3} Thou compassest my path and my lying down,
 and art acquainted with all my ways.

Rev 2:2-3 KJV
  I [Jesus] know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience,
and how thou canst not bear them which are evil:
and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars:
{3} And hast borne, and hast patience,
and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted.

        d. Our sorrows.
Exodus 3:7 KJV
And the LordÂ’ said, I have surely seen the affliction of my people which are in Egypt,
and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters;
for I know their sorrows."
        e. Our needs.
Mat 6:31-32 KJV
Therefore take no thought, saying,
What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
(32) (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:)
for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
        f. Our devotion.
2 Chronicles 16:9a KJV
 "For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth,
 to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.

1Pe 3:12 KJV
For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous,
 and his ears are open unto their prayers:
but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

        g. Our frailties.
Psa 103:13-14 KJV
 Like as a father pitieth{H=has parental compassion on] them that fear him.
(14) For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

        h. Our foolishness.
Psalm 69:5 KJV
 O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee.
        i. He knows his own.
John 10:14 KJV
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

2 Timothy 2:19 KJV
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure,
having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his.
And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

4. He knows the past, present, and future.
Acts 15:18 KJV
 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

5. He knows what might or could have been.

Matthew 11:23  KJV
And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven,
shalt be brought down to hell:
for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom,
 it would have remained until this day."

6. He forms and knows the unborn child in he mother's womb.

Psa 139:12-17 KJV
 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day:
the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
(13) For thou hast possessed my reins[H=essential organs]:
 thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
(14) I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made:
marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
(15) My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret,
and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
(16) Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect;
and in thy book all my members were written,
which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
 (17) How precious also are thy thoughts unto me,
 O God! how great is the sum of them!

*(Based on a study in "Wilmington's Guide to the Bible")
God Bless you as you ponder these truths.
In Christ..brother bob...<><

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

View back-issues of Devotionals at this site:
Just click on "messages".

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
God Bless You
In Christ.....brother bob.......<><

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

Lord jesus christ Testimony