Be Teachable: Let the Holy Spirit Teach you the Word

1. Let the Bible speak for itself.
2. Leave preconceived ideas behind if the Bible over-rules them.
2. Be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit in studying the Bible;
3, Study in an attitude of prayer and teachableness.
3. Learn to use Bible Study tools such as a Bible Dictionaries, Concordances, Hebrew and Greek language helps, topical Bibles, The Treasury of Scripture Knowledge Cross-Reference Concordance, and others. (This can entail a lifetime commitment).
4. Let the whole Bible speak to a topic, not just one verse. Look up and study all relavent verses in a concordance.
5. Do not alter the inspired meaning of a verse by isolating a fragment of the verse. Rather not consider the context of the verse with the verses surrounding it. View the verse in the light of cross-referenced passages.
5. Allow the historical context to help in clarifying difficult passages, where applicable,
6. Keeping a written record of your studies for future use. Take notes as you study. Develop a plan of future study as you uncover interesting information.
7. Applying the study to your life, asking the questions...
 a. What does this chapter teach concerning Christ?
 b. Is there any example here for me to follow?
 c. Is there any error for me to avoid?
 d. Is there any duty for me to perform?
 e. Is there any promise for me to claim?
  f. Is there any prayer for me to pray?
 g. Does this study suggest a new study to undertake.
(Job 6:24 KJV)
Teach me, and I will hold my tongue:
and cause me to understand wherein I have erred.

(Psa 32:8-11 KJV)
 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go:
 I will guide thee with mine eye.
{9} Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule,
 which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle,
 lest they come near unto thee.
{10} Many sorrows shall be to the wicked:
but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about.
{11} Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous:
 and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.

(Prov 9:9-12 KJV)
Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser:
teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
{10} The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom:
and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
{11} For by me thy days shall be multiplied, and the years of thy life shall be increased.
{12} If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself:
 but if thou scornest, thou alone shalt bear it.

(James 1:19-25 KJV)
Wherefore, my beloved brethren,
 let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
{20} For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
{21} Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness,
and receive with meekness the engrafted word,
which is able to save your souls.
{22} But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
 {23} For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer,
he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
{24} For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way,
 and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
 {25} But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein,
 he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work,
 this man shall be blessed in his deed.

(Psa 25:4-10 KJV)
Show me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.
{5} Lead me in thy truth, and teach me:
for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
 {6} Remember, O LORD, thy tender mercies and thy lovingkindnesses;
 for they have been ever of old.
 {7} Remember not the sins of my youth, nor my transgressions:
according to thy mercy remember thou me for thy goodness' sake, O LORD.
{8} Good and upright is the LORD:
therefore will he teach sinners in the way.
{9} The meek will he guide in judgment: and the meek will he teach his way.
{10} All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth
unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies.

(Psa 27:11-14 KJV)
Teach me thy way, O LORD,
 and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
{12} Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies:
for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
 {13} I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
 {14} Wait on the LORD: be of good courage,
 and he shall strengthen thine heart:
 wait, I say, on the LORD.

(Psa 86:11-17 KJV)
 Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth:
unite my heart {H=give me singleness of purpose} to fear thy name.
{12} I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart:
and I will glorify thy name for evermore.
{13} For great is thy mercy toward me:
and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
{14} O God, the proud are risen against me,
and the assemblies of violent men have sought after my soul;
and have not set thee before them.
{15} But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious,
 longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.
 {16} O turn unto me, and have mercy upon me;
give thy strength unto thy servant, and save the son of thine handmaid.
 {17} Show me a token{H=some evidence} for good;
that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed:
because thou, LORD, hast holpen me, and comforted me.

(Psa 119:11-16 KJV)
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
 {12} Blessed art thou, O LORD: teach me thy statutes.
 {13} With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
 {14} I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
 {15} I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
{16} I will delight myself in thy statutes:
 I will not forget thy word.

(Psa 119:33-37 KJV)  HE.
Teach me, O LORD, the way of thy statutes; and I shall keep it unto the end.
{34} Give me understanding, and I shall keep thy law;
 yea, I shall observe it with my whole heart.
{35} Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.
 {36} Incline my heart unto thy testimonies,
and not to covetousness.
{37} Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity;
and quicken thou me in thy way.

(Psa 119:64-68 KJV)
  The earth, O LORD, is full of thy mercy: teach me thy statutes.
{65} TETH. Thou hast dealt well with thy servant, O LORD, according unto thy word.
{66} Teach me good judgment and knowledge: for I have believed thy commandments.
 {67} Before I was afflicted I went astray:
but now have I kept thy word.
{68} Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes.

(Psa 143:8-12 KJV)
Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning;
for in thee do I trust:
cause me to know the way wherein I should walk;
 for I lift up my soul unto thee.
{9} Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.
{10} Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God:
thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
{11} Quicken me, O LORD, for thy name's sake:
 for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble.
{12} And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies,
and destroy all them that afflict my soul:
 for I am thy servant.

(Heb 13:20-21 KJV)
 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus,
 that great shepherd of the sheep,
through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
 {21} Make you perfect in every good work to do his will,
working in you that which is wellpleasing in his sight,
through Jesus Christ;
 to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

(Col 1:9-18 KJV)
 For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you,
and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will
 in all wisdom and spiritual understanding;
{10} That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing,
being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
{11} Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power,
unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
{12} Giving thanks unto the Father,
 which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
{13} Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness,
and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
{14} In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
 {15} Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
{16} For by him were all things created,
that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible,
 whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:
all things were created by him, and for him:
 {17} And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
{18} And he is the head of the body, the church:
who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead;
 that in all things He might have the preeminence.

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

View back-issues of Devotionals at this site:
Just click on "messages".

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
God Bless You
In Christ.....brother bob.......<><

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

Lord jesus christ Testimony