Basic Doctrines of the Christian Faith -PART 2

5) The Personality and Work of the Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit is the Person of the Godhead who convicts the world of sin, indwells all believers in the present age, baptizes them into the Body of Christ, seals them unto the day of redemption. It is the duty of every believer to be filled with the Holy Spirit.
(Gen 1:2 KJV)
 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

(Job 33:4 KJV)
 The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

(John 15:26 KJV)
But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father,
 even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father,
 he shall testify of me(Jesus Christ):

(Mat 12:32  KJV)
 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:
 but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him,
 neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

(John 14:16-18 KJV)
 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter,
that he may abide with you for ever;
{17} Even the Spirit of truth;
whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not,
neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
{18} I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

(Rom 8:9-11 KJV)
 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.
Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
{10} And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin;
but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
{11} But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you,
he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies
by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

(1 Cor 12:12-14 KJV)
 For as the body is one, and hath many members,
and all the members of that one body,
 being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
{13} For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body,
whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free;
and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
{14} For the body is not one member, but many.
                                                                                                                                                                                                              (Eph 1:13-14 KJV)
In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation:
 in whom also after that ye believed,
ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
{14} Which is the earnest of our inheritance
until the redemption of the purchased possession,
 unto the praise of his glory.

(Eph 5:15-20 KJV)
See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
 {16} Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
 {17} Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
{18} And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess;
but be filled with the Spirit;
{19} Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
{20} Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

6) Salvation
Salvation in every dispensation is the gift of God brought to man by grace. Salvation is received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose efficacious death on the Cross provided man's reconciliation to God.

(Eph 1:7 KJV)
 In whom we have redemption through his blood,
the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

(Eph 2:4-10 KJV)
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
{5} Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,
 (by grace ye are saved;)
 {6} And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
{7} That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace
in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
{8} For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God: {9} Not of works, lest any man should boast. {
10} For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
 which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

(John 1:11-14 KJV)
  He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
{12} But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
even to them that believe on his name:
{13} Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh,
 nor of the will of man, but of God.
{14} And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us,
 (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,)
full of grace and truth.

(Mat 13:18-23 KJV)
 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
 (19) When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not,
then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart.
This is he which received seed by the way side.
(20) But he that received the seed into stony places,
the same is he that heareth the word, and immediately with joy receiveth it;
(21) Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while:
 for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
(22) He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word;
and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
(23) But he that received seed into the good ground
is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it;
which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

7) The Eternal Security of Believers
All believers are kept secure in their salvation forever.

(Rom 8:1-5 KJV)
 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus,
who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
{2} For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
{3} For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh,
 God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
{4} That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us,
who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
 {5} For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh;
 but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

(Rom 8:37-39 KJV)
Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
{38} For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities,
 nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
{39} Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature,
shall be able to separate us from the love of God,
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

(John 10:27-30 KJV)
 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
{28} And I give unto them eternal life;
 and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
{29} My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all;
and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
 {30} I and my Father are one.

(1 Cor 1:4-9 KJV)
 I thank my God always on your behalf,
for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
{5} That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge;
 {6} Even as the testimony of Christ was confirmed in you:
{7} So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
{8} Who shall also confirm you unto the end,
that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.
{9} God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

(1 John 5:9-13 KJV)
 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater:
 for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his Son.
{10} He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself:
 he that believeth not God hath made him a liar;
because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son.
{11} And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life,
and this life is in his Son.
{12} He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.
{13} These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God;
that ye may know that ye have eternal life,
and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

IXTHEUS CHRISTIAN GROWTH DEVOTIONALS
ALWAYS FREE OF CHARGE
(but not necessarily  free of COST)
Feel free to redistribute these materials to whomever you want.
Please submit all questions, comments, suggestions,
or REQUESTS FOR SUBSCRIPTIONS to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Request a free email copy of my evangelistic presentation:
"The God Who is Really There" from  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

View back-issues of Devotionals at this site:
Just click on "messages".

to unsubscribe  from  these devotionals,
send an email with CANCEL in the subject line to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
God Bless You
In Christ.....brother bob.......<><

For more information, please visit our home page http://www.nazerene.com

Lord jesus christ Testimony