Dwight, not sure if I sent this to you at the right address.

I found two companies that make external lightning protectors.  The Citel
are of the gas tube variety and I have used their products on p.c. boards.

Citel : http://www.citel2cp.com/

Atlantic Scientific Corp. : http://www.atlanticscientific.com/

I have received samples from both of them but haven't had a chance to test
them yet.  If you get samples and test them I would be interested in hearing
about your results.

Brad Segarini
Compliance Engineer
Pacific Broadband Communications