Hello,
I am requesting information to help me obtain a better understanding of the
requirements called out in GR-63, 4.1.4, R4-11, O4-12, O4-13, and Table 4-6.
I have a "shelf" equipment configuration with the following Assumptions
noted in the report:

Rack depth (Rd) is 1 ft.
Rack width (Rw) is 2.17ft.
Maintenance aisle depth (Md) is 2.5 ft.
Wiring aisle depth (Wd) is 2 ft.
Height of equipment is 2ft.
Maximum operating voltage (V) is 48VDC.
Maximum operating current (A) is 23.4.

My report states that I do not conform to O4-12. The calculated Heat
Dissipation was 80W/ft2/ft (2790W/m2/m).

Since more than half the current draw is derived from POTS (all phones being
off hook at the same time), I am curious if the 23.4A is the correct number
to use for this calculation.  It appears that the heat would not be
dissipated inside the enclosure but at the other end of the cable (phone?).
When I see various TDM enclosures, they are physically smaller and the port
density is greater.  How are these enclosures allowed to fill a rack in one
bay?  Is there allowances taken for POTS configurations?  Thanks.  Regards,
John Loiselle
Regulatory Compliance
Integral Access, Inc.
ph (978) 367 7585