Joe,

In effect, nothing changed.  To comply with the RTTE directive, you must
meet Safety EN 60950 and EMC standards in the OJ.  The same is true to meet
the EMC and LVD directives.  However, if the RTTE directive does not apply
to your equipment and it's source power is 60VDC or lower, then you are not
required to meet the LVD.  Only the RTTE directive calls for "no voltage
limit applying" in Article 3, 1. (a).

The definition in the thread seems to fit your equipment and so, is your
equipment actually TTE?  Does the Plexus 9000 enable communication using an
E1 interface?  Is it connected directly or indirectly by any means to
interfaces (like E1) of public telecom networks?  If the directive does not
include "Network Equipment", why is Network Equipment not excluded in the
Annex 1 list?  What is Network Equipment that Mark refers to?  Does he mean
Database storage equipment and other Data Center type equipment, that
obviously is not intended to be used for Telecommunications enabling of
links or interfaces.

Regards,

Gary Raper
Hardware Compliance Engineering