It might be worthwhile to those who have an interest, that committee T1E1.8 is
just finishing up a new ANSI standard for "Universal Frameworks".  The intent
is that much of GR-63-CORE spatial requirements in section 2 will be replaced
by this standard.  I suspect that section 3 of GR-1089 will go
away as none of the RBOC's seem to use it.  Attached is a link that will take
you to the information.  Click on the document number and you will get the
latest comments regarding the letter ballot and also a draft copy of the
standard.

http://www.t1.org/filemgr/filesearch.taf?_function=detail&T1_Files_uid1=3E180030&_UserReference=DC1BFCE946DBEC973E563DA4

Jim

Jim Wiese
NEBS Project Manager/Senior Compliance Engineer
ADTRAN, INC.
901 Explorer Blvd.
P.O. Box 140000
Huntsville, AL 35814-4000