Ok Gary You're on.  No Bucket Jokes, Please.

Have a large crusty rust stain on my Daughter's H-14 Sail, looks like
it has some metal object laying up against the Dacron for some time,
Colored Orangish Dacron Main.  Any idea how to clean the Rust Stain off?
 
All I could think of was Buckets of Acetone, but I really don't think
it would deal with the rust.
Thanks,
CARY

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 10/06/04 11:57AM >>>


When I saw the subject line I rushed to the keyboard, wanting to be 
the first to say it.  You had already beat me to it.

You might give mineral spirits a shot, but acetone won't require as 
much soapy water afterward.

If it were mine, I would do it.  I recall removing tar from a boat 
and sail with the use of gasoline.  I used a saturated rag, didn't 
know about the pouring on of bucket-fulls tecnique.

GARY

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Marc Reiter" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> can I assume the answer to Tar on a Dacron sail is Buckets of 
acetone?  (and all of the flame suppression equipment).





Group Home
http://www.TheBeachcats.com 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links



 





------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PALMETTO HEALTH CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is 
addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from 
disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended 
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of 
this communication is strictly prohibited by law.  If you have received this 
communication in error, please notify me immediately. 

==============================================================================



Group Home
http://www.TheBeachcats.com

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beachcats/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to