--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Michael Kleckler"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "bob woods" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Sent: Sunday, October 03, 2004 11:13 PM
> Subject: Re: [classicrv] Roof Air Seal replacement
>
>
> >
> >
> > Is it a big deal to pull the roof air. I think I need to replace
> > theseal to stop a leak. Can one person do it alone? Thanks
> >
> > Yes one person can do it. Remove the inside cover you will find
four
> > bolts that holds it together. Disconnect the elec wires. Get on
roof
> > and lift. Its not any heavier than a small window unit. Good
luck.
> >
> Just a thought I picked up from others on this board. Put a small
piece of
> plywood that you can stand on before lifting it out . It will
spread your
> weight and the force of your lifting much wider than just where
your feet
> are. Just hoping you don't end up with another problem and pain
besides.
> Michael
> >
I must agree that a piece of 1/2" if you got it would be plenty.
Recently I updated my AC unit to a more recent unit (Mach3 Polar
Cub), and taking the unit off is easier than aligning it to put it
back on. Like what was said before, be sure you disconnect the
electrical, and yes there are four bolts holding it to the RV. I
wouldn't use a puddy knife to take the old sealer off unless it was
made of plastic! Metal is good to use on things that don't slice so
easily. You can use a piece of plywood, or a pallet to put the unit
on once you remove it from the roof. I had use of a forklift, which
made the job a breeze! While up there you may want to look for
slices in your roof, or look around your vents to see if you can see
any damage to your roof, you may need to seal your roof as well. So
this is my two cents. The roll of sealer you get from Camping World
is way more than enough to do the AC, plus other vents as well, this
stuff is better when it's warm outside, it gets really sticky with
heat!
-Brad
78 Dodge 4Star Sportsman
| Yahoo! Groups Sponsor | |
|
|
Yahoo! Groups Links
- To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/classicrv/
- To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
- Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
