comp.lang.ada
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada

Today's most active topics:

* Windows Ada database support. - 7 new

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/bf02c238a92156a3

* how can i allocate an objekt with initialization??? - 5 new

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/9fd97969641aa8c6

* Experiences of XML parser generators for Ada? - 3 new

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/7b97e385047500eb

* A question re meaning/use of the "for ... use ..." - 3 new

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/227757d168eaa8a5

* Ada.Calendar and number of seconds in a day - 2 new

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/1ecbb8782fe5db1b

Active Topics
-------------

how can i allocate an objekt with initialization??? - 5 new
...Since you are initializing an element form the parent class you need to
initialize the child as well: TEST:= new CHILD_CLASS'( INT1 =>1 INT2 =>1);
only the other way round you can shortcut: TEST:= new CHILD_CLASS'( FATHER_
CLASS - Mon, Dec 6 2004 9:52 am
5 messages, 3 authors
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/9fd97969641aa8c6

Experiences of XML parser generators for Ada? - 3 new
...The idea of XML, and of *separating* markup from format, predates both HTML
and CSS. (And note how the required "alt" attribute of the HTML "img" tag is
rendered by many browsers...) Usually, a style sheet and an XML document
instance _are_ separate, they can be combined freely using one processing
instruction. - Mon, Dec 6 2004 11:18 am
3 messages, 3 authors
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/7b97e385047500eb

Would You Fly an Airplane with a Linux-Based Control System? - 1 new
...Politics. People seem not to be able to handle the fact that a US DoD
designed language is better for writing mission critical software than their
favourite language of the month. As a result, Ada is blamed (even wrongly)
whenever possible. "Look! You get spectacular fireworks displays with Ada as
well as with our language!" - Mon, Dec 6 2004 7:20 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/ac9405996d0dcb7f

Ada.Calendar and number of seconds in a day - 2 new
hello, i'm using the package Ada.Calendar and have a little problem with the
type Day_Duration. it is defined as: subtype Day_Duration is Duration range 0.
0 .. 86_400.0; this makes 86401 different seconds. but if i count them right,
i have: 60 s/min * 60 min/h * 24 h/day = 86400 this makes 86400 different
seconds in a day. - Mon, Dec 6 2004 2:31 pm
2 messages, 1 author
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/1ecbb8782fe5db1b

Windows Ada database support. - 7 new
-------------------------------------
...... ...When I get the time to put APQ up on Source Forge, then these
shouldn't be hard to add to APQ, but volunteers. ...On the relational side, it
is currently near impossible to be "totally independent on what happens
beneath". However, I believe APQ comes close (this was one of its design goals)
. - Mon, Dec 6 2004 9:48 am
7 messages, 4 authors
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/bf02c238a92156a3

Evaluation of Ada-compilers and IDE:s - 1 new
I don't know of any papers, but perhaps if you described what sort of
application you are creating others may have more input from their practical
experiences. For example, I use GNAT extensively for Win32 GUI Desktop
applications and COM/DCOM programming including my development on a Delphi
alternative that is already (very) partially functional - Mon, Dec 6 2004 10:
06 am
1 message, 1 author
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/ae7a3abf5e8dfd29

A question re meaning/use of the "for ... use ..." - 3 new
...The ARG discussed this long ago, and concluded that such a facility isn't
needed. That's because Unchecked_Conversion provides the needed support.
Indeed, this is one of the few cases where the result of Unchecked_Conversion
is defined by the language (using it in this way will work on all Ada
compilers). There was some discussion about syntax guides - Mon, Dec 6 2004 1:
59 pm
3 messages, 3 authors
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/227757d168eaa8a5

neopet hacking - 1 new
this is just get reffarels - Mon, Dec 6 2004 1:32 pm
1 message, 1 author
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.lang.ada/browse_thread/thread/f0d369cf82b1ca8