Hi, I'm currently struggling because I want to make an MIT open source
medical research project with neo4j, was accepted to neo4j startup program,
but can't actually use neo4j because of the GPLv3 viral nonsense.

Not sure what happens when my MIT licensed project connects via Apache 2.0
licensed driver to the GPLv3 virus we call Neo4j, but I'm assuming it
means, SaaS startups can't use Neo4j right now.

Aura has no ability to pause or autoscale the servers, and you pay $65 for
0.2 CPUs to run 24/7, which seems like a literal joke.

 Guess I should just use postgres, faunadb, mongodb, or arangodb. Just
really like Cypher and feel frustrated with license issues.

Also, it's not clear what happens after the startup program ends, because
there is no information published about enterprise pricing for neo4j, but I
heard it was like $35,000 per server, which is truly insane and impossible
for a startup to afford.

You claim to love open source, but you use this viral GPLv3 license. You
claim to love startups but leave us wondering what happens after the
program ends...do we switch databases at that point?

Sorry to vent frustration here, but I thought I could just pick up Neo4j
and use Cypher queries, but it's all stress about licenses, managing
servers, guessing about hidden pricing ... not fun!

Bion