The main focus for extensions these days are user defined procedures and
functions.
https://neo4j.com/developer/cypher/procedures-functions/
https://neo4j.com/docs/java-reference/current/extending-neo4j/procedures-and-functions/introduction/

Unmanaged extensions, i.e. having the database serve REST endpoints becomes
less common and moves into middleware.
So it's unlikely there will be more docs.

You will be able to find a number of examples and GH repositories on Max de
Marzi's blog:
https://maxdemarzi.com/

Join our new Community Site & Forum <https://community.neo4j.com>