On Nov 9, 11:21 am, jb-electronics <webmas...@jb-electronics.de>
wrote:
> Hello Micah,
(snipped)

The patent, official datasheet and press release for the GI-10
Inditron are all dated 1954. Here's the original datasheet, dated May
1954...

http://www.decadecounter.com/vta/pict5/inditrongi10.jpg

The GI-10 patent (US2756366) was filed on April 1, 1954, and the
Popular Science press release is dated September 1954.

There are also a few patents for Inditron-like devices which predate
the Inditron patent. The Inditron is just the first one to make it to
production.

There are several Haydu-Burroughs ads for both the Nixie and 6700 beam
switching tube that are dated from 1955, and I have seen no ads or
tubes dating earlier. The very earliest ad states that the 6700 was
perfected by Burroughs Research Labs and produced in quantity at the
Haydu plant, which was already a subsidiary of Burroughs at that time.

All I know about Saul Kuchinsky is his extensive patent history. He
was deeply involved in the development of every major class of
Burroughs tube.

Micah Mabelitini
http://www.decadecounter.com/