Am 16.11.2010 19:25, schrieb Marcin Adamski:
On 16/11/2010 16:36, Jens Boos wrote:
My GI-10 tubes that I have here are from 1962, so quite late as well.
My GI-10s are from 65. Doesn't it mean that they were a rather successful product being made for approx. 15 years? ;)

Only because they are labelled 1965 they do not necessarily have to be made then. There are manufacturers that label their tubes when they sell them. But I dno not know if this applies for National Union. It is weird that they stuck around so long.

Another thing which bother me - the lack of an anode in GI-10. Was it only because there was no way to fit 11 pins on a basically 9 pin socket?

The noval socket was a socket that was readily available. But this does not explain the lack of an anode. I do not know why there was no anode. Maybe it was planned to drive these tubes mechanically as on the datasheet, and in that case it does not matter.

Jens