I would like to mention pro-forma that GI-21 does have an anode. It is
not a front grid but it is there.

It does? This is new information for me. When I made the pictures for the GI-21 site (http://www.jb-electronics.de/html/elektronik/nixies/n_gi21.htm?lang=en) I had to change my "anode" wire to the adjacent digits of the currently cathode. I know the GI-21 has 11 pins, but I do not see the anode.

"The Martin company" is found on several Inditron cartons. I guess Micahs theory is correct and possible the "Martin company" was some kind of reseller for pre-manufactured National Union Inditrons, or a licensed producer with no own product line of their own.

By the way, Northrop Aircraft seems to have filed quite a lot of interesting and different patents in 1950, are there stories to tell about that?

Jens