I know that some of the group have built clock circuits that would output
a changing frequency to interface with a Nixie frequency counter.  I know
that there have been circuits that output current or voltage for analog
meters. What I was thinking of was a clock circuit where the output would
be a programmable resistance to be read on an ohmmeter.  I know there are
digital programmable pot ICs.  But will any of them output from say 10
ohms to 2400 ohms in 10 ohm steps?  I know this could be done with reed
relays and discrete resistors set up in a decade circuit.
  What I was thinking of is I have a couple of very old Wheatstone bridges
from the 1800s.  You balance the bridge using either numbered rotary
decade switches that directly read out the unknown resistance or you use
shorting plugs that go into numbered holes to read out the resistance in
decades. The bridge is balanced when the galvanometer is nulled out to a
zero reading.  This would make a unique interactive clock. It wouldn't
be very practical but cool.  If the switches/plugs were set for a too
early or late time(resistance) the galvanometer would read unbalanced.
You balance the bridge to read the time.  This could also be used on
direct reading Ohmmeters as well.  I am not sure how much current flows
throug th bridge but the old galvanometers are not very sensitive.
                                                              Tim Laing