On 11-07-27 11:38 PM, [email protected] wrote:
 Burroughs used the MM5314 in their SP332 Panaplex clock kit.
It works OK, except that it teded to run fast.  Rightly or wrongly, I
attributed it to inadequate noise filtering on the 60Hz derived from
the mains, allowing extraneous additional pulses to get sent to the
chip.

Oh yes, my secret agent board...


I built a clock kit (back in the day) using the 5314 to drive 6 LED displays. I just used a surplus calculator keyboard to provide the pushbuttons as I had a bunch of Keyboards from a surplus grabbag.

I hung the card near the workbench and just connected it to door bell transformer which was on the electrical panel beside the bench. Seemed to be Ok, until someone rang the doorbell. The clock would jump to a random time. I quickly got bored and stopped resetting it, but left it in place until I got around to finding a better place to put it.

Every time someone like a meter reader came in - they would stare at the board with the changing numbers and try to figgure out what I was doing. The calculator keyboard attached by a few wires undoubtedly addred to the mystery.

The unit got packed when I moved and is still in a box somewhere. If I ever find it, I will try to find it a Analog 12V wall wart.


--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
[email protected]              Just Beyond the Fringe
http://www.TelecomOttawa.net/~cmacd/
No Microsoft Products were used in sending this e-mail.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"neonixie-l" group.
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/neonixie-l?hl=en-GB.

Reply via email to