I guess that the additional question would be: How stable is the mains frequency in the UK? We use it in the US because it is very stable.. I understand that in the former soviet union, the mains frequency was terrible. Whenever I open up old soviet clocks they always have a crystal in them (and old US clocks always use the mains).

-Adam