On 06/17/2012 09:55 AM, ron wrote:
> Hello neon john!
>
> Up to your mouthing off again like you are the god of glass blowing!
> Well, you might be! You are great! Indeed, in watching your videos, I
> have never seen anyone else with your excellent talent!

Ron, I meant you no malice so I'm sorry you took my comments that way.

I don't represent myself as a glass god.  Indeed, I classify myself
somewhere in the journeyman range - good enough to get the job done but
not a truly gifted glass worker.

I think you have me mistaken for someone else anyway, as I've never made
any videos.

If I may offer one bit of advice, fire your getters AFTER you tip off
your tube.  Firing it while still on the vacuum system merely streams
gas back from the pump.

Recently we made some vacuum-jacketed cold cathode lamps for use in a
cold climate.  A single 10mm evaporative getter was sufficient to pull
down a 25mm X 4 ft long tube to <10E-7 Torr.

John