From: kay486 <luckyl...@gmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2012 19:31
To: neonixie-l@googlegroups.com
Subject: [neonixie-l] Re: Soda lime - small success

Ah, i see now what you mean! You can se them really well on tubes like Z566M ,
they are made of glass wich isnt clear, it has more like a white color.

On Sunday, June 17, 2012 6:24:19 PM UTC+1, Terry Kennedy wrote:
On Jun 17, 1:04 pm, kay486 <luckyl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there, i really like your life story!
> What are the beads you are reffering to?

They are approximately torus-shaped (donut / bagel) except that the
top and bottoms are flat instead of curved, and the sides are
vertical. They are inserted in a formed metal base and leads are
inserted, and then the whole assembly goes through the hydrogen
furnace to fuse the glass to the metal pieces.

In this picture (not mine, just one I found with Google image search)
the beads are the two dark rings around the wire leads. That is the
simplest form of bead - some have provisions for multple wire leads
and may be other than round.

http://tp01.com/estore/images/4%20MHz%20quartz%20crystal.jpg