Mercury + stainless steel cathode are the best combination for the longest
lifetime of the tube. Another possibility is to use molybdenum cathode, but
it is not easy to obtain (0.1mm shim), I dont know how to etch it, it is
quite brittle to work with and difficult to spotweld to lead-in-wires. I
will fill mercury by mercury dispenser - metal compound, activated by
heating, this procedure relieve the mercury.. Similar to flashing the
getters,

Dalibor