Hi, for what do You need needle valve? And how much does that costs? I use
common glass high vacuum valves..

I am going to build an oven according to:
http://www.teralab.co.uk/Glass_Blowing/Annealing_Oven/Annealing_Oven_Page1.htm

Now I use a box with vermiculite ($10), it works surprisingly well, if You
are patient enough to wait until it really cools down, nice result may be
obtained. But the real annealing is still better. Look here:
http://www.randombytes.org/lamps_old.html

Dalibor

Dalibor Farny
http://dalibor.farny.cz