On Aug 20, 8:13 am, Jon Jackson <jondad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone still have this document available or a link to it?  I have
> some IV-4s as well as IV-17s to use in a 4play display.

I got a question off-list which I figured would be useful to answer
here. The Elektronika 7-06 / 7-06K clocks use an IV-4 as a blinking
colon indicator, with all 18 elements wired together:
http://www.tmk.com/blog/6F5S8748-s.jpg

Even on Elektronikas which have been running for nearly 30 years and
have the worst tube wear on the IV-26 tubes, like this eBay auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221110674946 (no affiliation with the seller,
just a convenient example) the IV-4 is still in very good condition.
That's with a 50% duty cycle, cycling on and off every second. Even a
1990 Elektronika manual, toward the very end of production, still
lists the tube as an IV-4. All of the tubes I've seen have been
completely unlabeled - perhaps because the tubes were made by the same
factory that built the clocks, they didn't bother with individually
marking them with part numbers and OTK inspection.