That answers a few points.
So overdriving tubes isnt necessarily a no no.
I also didnt know poisoning occurs at too low a current, better put a
minimum brightness limit on any new designs then.
I have a dekatron circuit that uses 'pull mids', it works without
them, I was wondering why they were there, I think your comments
answer that question.