Hello,

I also spent some time with glow tubes.. good practise. You mentioned that
air is much dimmer than neon - argon is not better :-( but argon is inert
and You could make glow tubes with much higher lifetime..

Go for oxy-gas torch, You will be surprised how thoroughly is possible to
heat the seals :-) I bought a cheap ($25) acetylene-oxy torch, I am using
it with gas-oxy, it works well!

Dalibor Farný
http://dalibor.farny.cz

sent from Samsung Galaxy Pad