Of course what you could do is release all the plans, data, rights etc. to
the general public! At least that way SOMEONE might benefit and I'm sure
many here on the group would assist others in building some devices or give
advice maybe even make some of the case components and boards etc. That way
you will not come over as a scammer (or worse), your project would live on
as open source, it will cost you nothing and those that lost money would at
least be partly placated. Just an idea for you to mull over