Hi Michel,

You are right, I am also eager to it glow. As soon as the shed is built, I
will move all the stuff there and start with it.

It should be a replica or copy of z568m, so the size of the numbers is 5cm.
I actually dont have any z568m, so other dimensions are measured from z566m
and scaled. Isnt there anyone who has faulty z568m to cut it open? ;-)

With the gold plated stainless steel - You actually jumped ahead, I have
this idea with the anode electrode (grid), that will be possible. The
numbers must be made of steel as all other metals sputters a lot more and
the life of the tube would be short. It would be possible to make it also
from brass, but the pumping time would be many times longer than with steel
because it would be done with low temperature - I guess 100C instead of
450C. Once the tube is filled with gas, the brass should not relieve zinc
as the vapour pressure of zinc is small enough. Zinc starts to cover the
glass envelope at pressure of 10-6 torr and temperature of 200C, conditions
during the bakeout process.

bye!

2013/6/26 Michel <mic...@xiac.com>

> Beautiful work Dalibor!
> What is the size of it? Looks like IN-18 size?
> Can't wait to see them light up, you too I guess :-)
>
> The brass really looks stunning and stands out between any other nixie
> tube, it's a pity that you can't make them like that. Would 9k gold work,
> or gold plated stainless steel?
>
> Michel
>

> On Tuesday, June 4, 2013 6:20:28 AM UTC+10, Dalibor wrote:
>>
>> Hi guys,
>>

>> I am posting some info about the process of re-inventing the nixie
>> tubes.. I made first test assembly from etched stainless steel. Making a
>> real nixie tube is difficult task, but I think there is nothing what could
>> not be solved!
>>
>> You will find brief description here: http://dalibor.farny.cz/**
>> first-nixie-digits-assembly/<http://dalibor.farny.cz/first-nixie-digits-assembly/>
>>

>> Thanks!