Quoth lai...@wcoil.com at 2014-02-04 00:09 ...
Check out auction 350987319019.  It appears to be partial analog computers
made by Hickok that simulate Ford vehicles. Most likely solid state but
check out the card readers.  They look like cardmatic tube tester card
readers.  So maybe you could simulate the suspension on a Pinto and test a
6L6 on the same machine!  Standard disclaimer, not my auction etc.  Tim
Laing

Oh, my. If I had the space and a squillion dollars for international shipping, I'd take 'em like a shot.

John - any idea of what the Nixies in the Sequoyah were for? Voltmeters?

Of particular interest, as I'm in the throes of designing a simple analogue computer. My only output devices are currently a pair of large, ex-Soviet, centre-zero microammeters wired as voltmeters (ie: pure analogue.) Had been wondering whether to include a digital voltmeters too. Whilst I'm actually building it for practical reasons, it WOULD look good with some neon on there. My biggest part of the design challenge is getting the cost of the patching down - even cheap banana jacks become expensive when you need hundreds!

Matthew Smith

Business: http://www.smiffytech.com
Blog:     http://www.smiffysplace.com
Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/smiffy