Have you contacted Peter (PV Electronics) about the heat issue?  I have used I
think three of his kits, and I have not noticed anything getting particularly
hot.  The first clock I built has been in operation for over a year now, and if
the clock were to go down, I am sure my daughter would be on the phone asking
me to fix it.

I think you may run into an issue with noise with such a small fan.  One thing
you can do is run it at 7v and that may help with the noise.
Keep us updated on your solution.

...Semper Fidelis...

On Tuesday, October 7, 2014 11:30 PM, Nicholas Stock <nickst...@gmail.com>