Yes, it feels good to push down the 26 pin Trochotrons on those sockets,
but the force needed is quite a lot, but not more than new original
sockets. Soldering all of the wires however is a different story as it
takes a lot of time (just as with original sockets).

I've tried those female jumper cables popular for Arduino projects, where a
female contact is crimped onto the end of a cable and a male (or female)
contact is crimped on the other end, but the quality is quite poor on
those, I've had several contacts fall off without even pulling on them. So
before I would use those I would check each and every cable pulling on the
contacts. What you don't get with those is a proper socket that you can
screw onto something, you just get a lot of loose wires and a loose tube.
Unfortunately the contact part is too high up into the plastic sleeve that
you can't use them on the other side of a single PCB as the pins are very
short on the Trochotrons (Dekatrons like the Z572S have longer pins, but
the GSA10G has too short pins).

One thing most sellers of the "Nixie pins" I used for the socket didn't say
is that the thin pin which you can solder onto a PCB is not centered on the
cheaper ones, it is slightly off to the side so you'll have to turn all
pins in the holes to get the correct diameter, or bend each pin slightly so
that the pin gets centered. The wider part of the pin just below the widest
part is centered on all that I bought.

/Martin