<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-NugzIuwNMos/VvPRShJqrRI/AAAAAAAAAJQ/mI8OLnjlAYAVnR7dqcHLOqv62MS31tt6A/s1600/image_2603_1.jpg>

(See attached)

 I have this unit and the one complaint I have is that it goes through the
direction bulbs and they are getting hard to find. I'd like to substitute
LEDS for the bulbs (observing polarity or course) and wanted to seek your
advice. They would be running on pulsating DC, unfiltered and was concerned
about life span. I don't know if LEDS would tolerate this.  Also, from what
I can see, I could also eliminate diodes 1 through 8 as the LEDS would also
serve that purpose (?) There is never more than 2 leds lit at one time,
sometimes simply one.

Your thoughts appreciated.

Kerry