My piece of advice with all of this sockets made from disassembled
connectors or sockets is that they should be used to connect the nixies to
cables.
As threeneurons says, it is important to let the socket "give" to the pins
force and not exert any lateral force to the pins to not stress the
kovar-glass junction.
There used to be printed circuit specific tube sockets which had a way to
compensate for that stress, but they disappeared long ago. The new chinese
ceramic sockets do not "give", thus they stress the tubes.
I know many people has made sockets out of disassembled connector and
didn't have much problem but it is a matter of time, and if we talk of the
(for now) cheap IN-12, it might not be a great concern, but if we talk of
IN-18 or stranger (as in more expensive) tubes, I'd take that into my
consideration.