I took the bait and picked up 4 of these to add to my future projects
pile.  That said, I've never experimented with voltages beyond the dekatron
range.  I don't know that I'm interested at this point in building my own
kV PSU (although I would be eventually).  Can anyone recommend a relatively
inexpensive off the shelf PSU to drive these with?  According to the
datasheet, I should be looking for 2.5kV on the anode, with 1.1V on the
filament.  I'm not sure exactly how to drive the grid.  Does the grid
consist of the cathodes?  Apologies, but I have zero CRT experience at this
point, and any pointers would be appreciated.  I'd like to at least be able
to test these when they come in.

Thanks!

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 10:05 AM, gregebert <[email protected]> wrote:

> Anyone here have a NIMO clock they built ? I'm curious about their
>  observed lifetime; datasheet says 10,000 hours which is slightly more than
> 1 year if running 24/7.
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "neonixie-l" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/
> msgid/neonixie-l/ebe0d584-a8c7-449e-abcb-f478e921a0ee%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/ebe0d584-a8c7-449e-abcb-f478e921a0ee%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .
>
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"neonixie-l" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send an email to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web, visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/CAJrqPH_PDkzd5H2rs_cSECihNVkbHW-vaUHcB09NWfU3KLyHaQ%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to