I once had a circuit diagram which used an LDR to PWM the Nixies to dim
them when it was dark. Since I had a major SSD crash some time ago I lost a
lot of files as they also were corrupt on the backups I had, the SSD had
been corrupt for some time before I realized it.

I have googled to try to find it but I can't. I don't want to use a
processor, just a simple discrete design that will dim the Nixies during
night time.

Does anyone have  a circuit with discrete components that does this that
you can share with me (or the group)?

/Martin