I am in the middle of a build for a my first small Scope Clock kit using a
Mullard DP7-5 tube, haven't yet powered it up because I am waiting on a
tube socket.

Question, do these tubes get hot?  I am designing a holding frame for the
tube and planning to 3D print it in PLA.  Obviously no good if the tube
generates any significant heat, especially around the electron gun area.

My past experience is limited to nixie, neon and VFD displays.

Any experiences?