I knew I had seen this somewhere, but it took me a while to find it:

https://mirror.thelifeofkenneth.com/lib/electronics_archive/MullardTubesSpecialProducts1972-73_text.pdf.

Search for ZM1263, you will find this:

ZM1263 In line, side-viewing indication Incorporates a red filter
Characters —, +, ~, * 10-5 170 140 2-5 Flying Lead '

* This is a symbol shaped like a Catherine-wheel on type ZM1263 that may be
used for special indications, e.g. fault condition.