That sounds promising, I note that in your suggested diagram you have also
connected the HV enable to the same ground - was that in order to first
resolve the glitches before moving on to using the HV control (which has
worked fine thus far)?
I can connect the HV output ground to the Smart Socket Array Ground, which
is the same point as the 5V supply ground and Data signal ground - is that
right?
I am treading on uncertain ground here (absolutely no pun intended) -
where rules of which I am unaware are coming in to play!