I tried the first two suggestions and thought (initially) that all was good
but upon watching in detail it would seem that it is the same.

I have a L78M05 to hand - is that going to do the job?

Otherwise I can get something like this
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/low-dropout-voltage-regulators/1246447/ very
quickly.