Actually even crystal oscillators start to lose time in hours... A rubidium
can holdover for days and a cesium can holdover for more days... None are
perfect.  Cesium 133 resonates between different energy states
9,192,631,770 times each second with almost no variation. So a clock that
ticks to that resonant frequency will be highly accurate. The National
Institute of Technology's most accurate cesium clock, which along with a
similar device in Paris is the most accurate in the world, will neither
gain nor lose a second in 20 million years.
I was sorta joking really.  It's kinda like the cesium wrist watch you seen
that one gregbert?

http://leapsecond.com/pages/atomic-bill/

Bill