Mitch, I have noticed with some clocks that use either IV25 or IV26 VFD
tubes (the dot matrix type ones) that they take a bit of time to
stabilize/age/reach peak luminosity ...not sure if that's just dumb luck on
my part or there's something to it....I'm sure someone else on the list
knows more about them than I! I've definitely had segments that have looked
dull to start with but after overnight use have gotten brighter....

Nick