There's a large difference - 3-fold or often much more - between cold
resistance and hot in, for example, a nichrome filament.  (It was this
effect, in fact, that Mssrs Hewlett and Packard used to stabilize the
output level of the Wein bridge in the their first product.)  In my
projects that involve vacuum tubes applied to modern products (Numitron
clocks and digital dashes, and guitar effects units), I take great care to
limit the inrush current.

The simplest solution is just a big resistor in series with the filament
supply, which is at least somewhat effective.  A better choice is a
current-limited supply.  For example, for a vacuum tube filament rated at
300 mA, I used a supply limited to that value.  The tube takes somewhat
longer to heat up, but its lifespan is greatly increased - the
life-limiting factor becomes cathode emissions, rather than filament
failure.

In a different application driving Numitron display tubes, my firmware
keeps the filaments heated to just below the point of visibility when off,
bringing them up to the desired current when they're to be visible.  This
is all done with PWM, because that's easy to do in both software and
hardware.  This also follows RCA's recommendations for lighting up Numitron
tubes (although, considering the era, they recommend using a pull-down
resistor on TTL outputs, rather than PWM).

I should note that an old clock I built using very rare DTF-104B tubes,
with no special handling at all for reduced thermal shock, is still going
strong after 10 years as my bedroom clock; for tube filaments, The Numitron
products from RCA are very robust, and it's not clear that limiting the
inrush current is of great importance.

For your project, a LM317-based current limiter would be an easy thing to
implement, and that's certainly a possibility for the filament current
supply.  If you need to come up with a separate supply anyway for the
2.4-volt filament, one option is to make it current-limited as well.  The
easiest way though, assuming that you're using multiple tubes, is to just
hang a resistor in series with each, and drive them off of the 5-volt
supply.

5 volts - 2.4 volts = 2.6 volts, at 47 mA.  R=E/I, so the necessary
resistor would be 2.6/.047, or 55 ohms.  The next standard size is 56
ohms.  Power is V^2 / R, which is 0.12W - a quarter-watt resistor would
work easily. So, short answer: hang a 56-ohm resistor in series with each
filament, and run them off the 5-volt supply.  (You're supposed to use AC
for the filaments for uniform brightness, but in my experience with
single-digit tubes like the IV-17, it didn't make a whit of difference.)
~~
Mark Moulding