You must be careful with the filament.  The filament will accept whatever
current you give it.  Overtime, constant voltage source on the filament is
problematic.  As such - for sure- drive the filament with an AC wave
There is lots of corollary info on this blog regarding the filament.
https://hannahmishin.com/blog/2017/4/30/russian-tri-color-vfd-indicator-clock
I accidentally drove some Itron VFD - overdrove the filament and ult.
killed the VFDs.
I am controlling the brightness of my current vfd clock by modulating the
filament current. meaning if you underdrive it - it will be dim, if you use
the circuitry linked in the blogpost, you really will find it hard to
overdrive it.
also ->
http://www.noritake-itron.com/subpages/applicnotese/vfdoperapn.htm

http://hannahmishin.com/