Hi Martin. Have you tried a voltage multiplier with the raw output of the
secondary on a fly back converter? My experience has been that you don’t
get what you expect. I.e. if your smoothed DC output is 150V and you add a
voltage doubler to the raw output from the secondary, you will not get a
smoothed 300V DC. Someone on here explained why a while ago. Greg maybe?

I’m seriously interested to know what other people’s experience of this is.