Nice that you managed to duplicate my MTX-90-based clock and get it to work!

If I saw it correctly, your clock has 59 tubes while mine has 56. So
apparently you changed the circuit a bit?

My clock became unreliable in darkness a week or so after completion.
Adding some blue LEDs fixed this, but not for long. One tube needed to be
replaced. It turns out this tube was an odd one out: it already at the
start had the lowest striking voltage among all tubes in that particular
ring counter, and this had drifted down by some 10 volts, while the other
tubes had drifted less and mostly up. Since replacing that tube, the clock
has worked reliably, except for one (so far) hickup.

The blue LEDs are still in the clock, it seemed prudent to leave them in
even if they were perhaps not needed anymore after the tube replacement.

As for powering the LEDs, the easiest is to put them in series with the
entire clock circuit (with some protective components, otherwise they may
not live long - I learnt this the hard way in my earlier NE-2 based clock).
I've updated the schematic on my website to show how I connected the LEDs,
see https://www.pa3fwm.nl/projects/neonclock2/

Regards,
  Pieter-Tjerk