Clip from Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/12-hour_clock#Confusion_at_noon_and_midnight

If you read on there is a fair bit of confusion around 12am and 12pm

Ian

It is not always clear what times "12:00 a.m." and "12:00 p.m." denote. From
the Latin words meridies (midday), ante (before) and post(after), the term ante
meridiem (a.m.) means before midday and post meridiem (p.m.) means after
midday. Since "noon" (midday, meridies (m.)) is neither before nor after
itself, the terms a.m. and p.m. do not apply.[2]Although "12 m." was suggested
as a way to indicate noon, this is seldom done[20] and also does not resolve
the question of how to indicate midnight.