Ooops, sorry Gregebert, I'm not experienced with google groups and I didn't
know the difference between reply to group vs. reply to author.

I'm going to repeat my question so it's group visible:

Basically I was wondering for multiplexed vs direct drive, if given the
same voltage and current limiting resistor, would the max brightness of the
multiplexed tubes be basically like the direct drive tubes operating at 1/6
pwm ratio? It might not be 1/6 brightness due to non-linearity, and maybe
additional effects based on frequency of the pwm or multiplexing. But in
that case, there shouldn't be any additional wear on the tubes right? The
wear only comes from if you want to increase the multiplexed tube's
brightness even more, to match a direct drive with a higher pwm ratio?

I was wondering because I thought about going multiplexed to save on board
space and soldering time.