No malice intended, the tubes are beautiful!Just disappointed that all of the
existing sockets can't take advantage of these gorgeous tubes.  Millclock tried
the same thing with a proprietary pinout and clock for their ZIN70 and ended up
going back and creating a pin compatible version for the 568.Still, it is so
nice to see crafts people create and revive nixie production know-how to keep
the nixie tube alive!  The makers have shared wonderful videos of the process
and it is amazing how many things need to be just right to create a working
tube that can provide long lifetimes. I really wanted to order some! Jeff
-------- Original message --------From: dudu sa <sadudu...@gmail.com> Date:
9/20/23  11:03 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: neonixie-l <neonixie-l@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [neonixie-l] New nixie tube project lanched on kickstarter There's
no need for malice. In fact, I left the decimal point on the right. Do you
think the decimal point could be added if it were an IN18 pin?在2023年9月21日星期四
UTC+8 09:44:43<Audrey> 写道:I doubt it's malicious like that, but it is a huge
missed opportunity that these tubes cant take advantage of existing IN-18
clocks/kits, especially since he said he plans to make tubes with different
fonts.On Wed, Sep 20, 2023, 9:37 PM Jeff Walton <jwalt...@gmail.com>
wrote:These tubes look gorgeous and have some good thought behind it.  I love
that it is a true pinned tube with a round dome.  What ruins it for my purpose
is that the pinout is proprietary and probably done so he can sell expensive
clocks.  I have multiple IN-18 based clocks that I was going to just drop tubes
into to replace the IN-18s to see how they looked and held up. For people that
want to build more from scratch, it won't be a big issue. Jeff --------
Original message --------From: John Snow <d4m...@gmail.com> Date: 9/20/23  8:30
PM  (GMT-06:00) To: neonixie-l <neoni...@googlegroups.com> Subject:
[neonixie-l] New nixie tube project lanched on kickstarter Hello guys,There is
a new nixie tube "DMG01" and the clock using this tube , project lanched on
Kickstarter now: ( not my list
)https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inixie/glowing-with-nostalgia-the-resurgence-of-nixie-tubes/descriptionThe
 tube is similar with IN18 in size but with more beautiful outlook and visual
effects.Its interesting seems they take great effort to achieve this !

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/f72e6ec0-c999-4df0-89ac-f3cebed822e6n%40googlegroups.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/650b9e6a.050a0220.1f2ef.0186%40mx.google.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/f339d0df-6c1a-4295-a801-5667fa387db4n%40googlegroups.com.